Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Future of High School Announcements!

Yesterday, I was at my third observation day at St. Joan of Arc CSS, and wow, it was quite the day. I was extremely sick and truthfully, I really wanted to be in my bed but I was SO happy that I buildt up the energy to go.

Why is that you ask? WELL! I saw the coolest, most futuristic thing I've ever seen! St. Joan of Arc has an AMAZING Communications Technology program where they have 3 incredible video cameras, microphones, and A GREEN SCREEN! Now, seeing this room is one thing... seeing what the students can do with this room was out of this world.

For the morning announcements, Joan of Arc no longer has a face-less student reading off a sheet over the muffled intercom -- no no, they are way too advanced for that! Now they have live TV recordings that each class watches on their Smart boards that was filmed in their Comm-Tech room and reported by the students. It was unreal! The students are using technology to be creative, innovative, and it was extremely effective! (not just because I was in awe, but because the students were also entirely engaged)

Morals of the story:
1. St. Joan of Arc is an amazing school that fosters student-centered learning
2. Technology is the learning of the 21st century and CLEARLY it can do amazing things!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda! This is such a great idea! I wish that my school had something as innovative as this! My school still uses the PA system and the students tune it out, start chatting, and move around. They miss all the information that is for them! I think that if we had something like this, not only would the students want to watch and listen, they would probably be lined up to try it out! keep us posted on what other tech advances Joan of Arc has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda..When can I visit? Really. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Now the pressure is on.
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda..When can I visit? Really. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Now the pressure is on.a3trading

    ReplyDelete